Halloween Costume ideas 2015

Writing Our Heart Out

When I went out


 It was dark, 

When I went out, 

The street lamps glowing , 

And over my head, some clouds. 



All alone on my way, 

Tired of the stress of the day, 

The smoke of the cigarette in my hand, 

Seemed to relax my mind. 


 

The moon and the stars, 

Didn't seem so beautiful before, 

Maybe because they were my only companions, 

As I was all alone. 



Thousands of thoughts

Went across my mind, 

But I was a wanderer, 

Walking botherlessly in the night. 



Although my path was lightened, 

By the lamps, that over shone the moon, 

But the smoke of the cigarette 

Seemed to blur my vision. 



That too couldn't bother me, 

I didn't know where was I going, 

But when the cigarette burnt my hand, 

It was like my consciousness came back hurting. 



When my consciousness came back, 

I realized I had reached the main road, 

Where some life could be noticed, 

Along with lights that over glowed. 



The people, mostly on their phones, 

Few trying to attain their goals, 

Trying to defy their fate, 

But actually competing in a rat race. 



Across the road, 

When I went, 

The blinding bright light vanished, 

And along with it , many things changed. 



No more crowd of people, 

Addicted to their phones, 

Which rather made them seem like zombies, 

And no more people in a rush to pursue their goals. 



Across the roads, 

The lights don't glow, 

No people there, 

Just the leaves of the trees rustling low. 



The people, whom I met in the light, 

Doesn't know the beauty of darkness, 

The beauty of the moonlight, 

And the comfort of loneliness at night. 



I asked the darkness, 

Why can I feel your beauty, 

Not like the others, 

Just uncomfortable in your beauty? 



I finally got an answer, 

I don't know if it was the voice from inside me, 

From the moonlight that seemed more beautiful in the dark, 

Or from the darkness that prevailed around me. 



Although the reply was not loud, 

It was clear enough. 

"Maybe you donot fit into this generation, 

In the generation, where people run behind success, 

Where even taking breath is tough. "



The reply stopped me. 

Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind, 


A few memories , made me emotional,

And I felt thankful to be an exception in that generation, 

Where people chase their goals 

And have no time to feel emotions. 

        

                                                         -Sam




Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget